Sunday, November 2, 2008

Harvest Time!

Mmm...ricey!


     Hi folks!  I thought it would be churlish of me to continue to deprive you of another post, considering so much has happened.  Hopefully, I shall write another entry or two within the week!  These photos here are from last-last week's TaLK field trip to the wholesome countryside, full of rice, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, and pears.  It's more wholesome country living than you know what to do with.
  

Isn't that cute...she thinks she can paint.

What's your beef?  American?  Get over it. 


I've got the worst toothache. 


I 'mo eatcha. 


Pounding rice cakes, or whatever the kids are calling it nowadays. 



Holding pen for incurably criminal children






Danielle, Mao, and Jacqui.  Classic love triangle. 

Free slave labor. 

Pear tree branches that grow straight up





Clandestine pear I took home.  Stolen goods always taste better.




Chicken AND beer?  This is paradise.  


    After such a simple healthy experience, it was time to indulge in some good old fashioned materialistic hedonism at the center of the universe; Lotte Mart!  Arms laden with even more useless goods, I headed home on the bus.  Riding city buses in Korea is always an experience, as the drivers handle the buses like they're Ferraris.  

Shakey!


Until next time,  

SUBISU


 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(URGH I GIVE UP FINE DON'T LOG ME INTO LIVEJOURNAL TO POST I DIDN'T WANT TO IDENTIFY MYSELF ANYWAY)

Oooooooooh~ I do believe a photo I took made its appearance (and damn you again for writing a better caption!) I think your sense of humour is more Australian than anything else.

FANGASMED much lately? ㄴㅇㄴ nothing, just wanted to use the word.

Can’t believe you stole a pear! Why didn’t I think of that? They sure were nice, though. I took home two bags as you know.

Scott McLean said...

Hi Adrienne!

Cool blog! I like to see what's going on there in South Korea. Take care.